When the time comes to change addresses, one critical decision is whether to shoulder the burden of moving yourself or employ the expertise of experienced movers. Although there is an upfront cost implication with professional moving services, there are countless reasons why such an investment is worth every penny.
This article explores the numerous benefits and value professional moving services bring to help you move seamlessly into your new home.
Hiring Professional Movers? What to Consider Before Hiring Movers
You have found the perfect apartment, signed the lease, and paid the deposit. The part that many people dread is packing and moving out. You have many options, from packing to hiring professionals who haul boxes or full-service movers that pack your belongings.
According to Ashley Murphy and Marissa Hagmeyer of the Neat Method, professional organizers, it is best to leave the job to the professionals.
The stress of packing and unpacking, both mentally and physically, is not worth it. Murphy says they would only encourage someone to rent a truck and move heavy furniture and boxes themselves if it was a matter of budget.
Each move is unique, so consider how much you are willing to spend and how much time you dedicate. Here are some scenarios in which hiring professionals makes sense and others where you can do it yourself.
When You Should Hire Professional Movers
- Think about your schedule. Hiring a moving company will ease your worry and free up your time so you can concentrate on other crucial moving-related tasks, like setting up utilities or wifi.
- You may want to budget for moving companies, but remember that they can book quickly during busy seasons such as spring and summer. It’s a good idea to book at least one month in advance, especially if your goal is to avoid lifting heavy boxes.
- Moving large items such as TVs, couches, and other furniture can be difficult. Hiring professionals to move heavy items from your apartment is best if you want to avoid damaging your expensive TV or bed frame.
- Moving across state borders? Delivering your boxes at the new location can be more convenient than enduring a multi day trip in a UHaul.
- Moving companies can also be a great option if you have to pad or secure boxes at the last minute. They will often have additional supplies like bubble wrap and tape on hand. The cost of these materials is usually added to the service fee.
- Consider the weather. Would you pack up your truck if there was ice or snow on the ground at the time? On a humid and hot day? This is another reason for hiring movers.
- What are your organizational skills? How do you pack picture frames if the idea of packing every room makes you dreadful? How many boxes will you need to pack your closet? How do you pack your glassware? Consider a moving service that offers packing services. They can pack and organize each room and disassemble and reassemble items like TV mounts or bed frames.
- You can choose the services that you want. Consider using apps such as Dolly or Task Rabbit to help you move large items, like sofas or mattresses.
How to DIY a Move
- You’ll save money on moving costs if you do it yourself. This is a great option for those on a tight budget.
- You can do it yourself if you have the time and remember exactly what is in each box. Label!
- Are you excited to declutter your home? Make your DIY project an opportunity to sort everything into piles of toss, donation, and keep. You’ll be able to start anew and feel satisfied.
- Consider where you are going. What’s the distance? Is it within the same city? You’re just putting things in storage. Moving independently is easier if you’re not going to that extent.
- If you plan, it will be easier for you to move independently. You’ll also have plenty of time to sell furniture or belongings you don’t wish to take to your new home.
- You can move on your own if you want to be independent of the schedule of a professional moving company. This will give you more freedom. Spend the weekend moving into your new home instead of rushing around to get everything ready in the three hours you have with professional movers.
- What other situations can you avoid hiring professional movers? There’s a little stuff. You may be moving into a studio apartment or a one-bedroom home. If you don’t own large items such as a couch or a bed, it’s easier to do the project yourself.
- Have roommates, friends, or a partner? You can save money using their help rather than a professional moving company.
While moving can be a tremendous challenge, hiring professional movers can greatly reduce that stress; they provide an efficient service and save you precious time and potential mishaps that may occur during self-moves. Professional movers are worth the investment; they turn the daunting task of moving into a smooth, seamless process.
So, if you’re planning your next move, consider investing in professional moving services, and experience the difference they can make. Flat Fee Moving LLC is a highly recommended provider in this space, known for delivering top-notch, reliable services tailored to suit your moving needs. Whether local or long-distance, residential or commercial, Flat Fee Moving LLC is here to assist you. Don’t think of it as an unnecessary extra expense; think of it as investing in your peace of mind. Call us today to schedule your next hassle-free move.